This month, the month of March, the month we celebrate all things Irish, we decided on the potato. I am sharing my favorite version of mashed potatoes. Not the perfect fluffy mashed potatoes we get at Thanksgiving, those are Thanksgiving potatoes. These are the every day potatoes that you don't have to get out the beaters. You mash them with the power of your own hands. It is very satisfying to make these potatoes!
I think they are special because of the added basil. It is just something a little different. It is hard to get fresh basil right now, so I used my frozen basil from my fall harvest that I posted about earlier. I squeezed the excess water from it before I added them to the dish.
Cottage Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 lb yukon gold baby potatoes
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c sour cream, cottage cheese or plain yogurt
- 2 T chopped garlic
- 1 T minced basil
- salt and pepper
Bring 4 c of salted water to a boil. Quarter potatoes and place into boiling water. Boil 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and dry boil the potatoes for a few seconds to completely dry. Add all the other ingredients except salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes roughly but until all ingredients are blended. Salt and pepper to taste.
Powered by Recipage
Here are the rules for participating in the Linkup
1) Everyone is welcome to link up 1 family friendly recipe, using the featured ingredient of the month. (No homepages please). We reserve the right to delete any posts we don’t believe to be “family friendly.”
2) Please follow your Hosts on social media!
Our Good Life / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Tikkido / Pinterest / Facebook / Instagram
Mom Home Guide / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter
3) Have a Visible Link Back to Our Good Life on your blog and in your recipe submission post. You can grab the Taste Creations button below to do this!
*Display the HTML for the button so that people can have the image on their blog that links back to your site* Let me know if you have any questions about inserting the HTML of the button that people can take.
3) Please do not link up any round up posts. We ask that all images be original by you.
4) Visit at least 3 other posts and don’t forget to comment! We will try our best to visit as many linkers as possible.
5) By linking to this party you are giving Our Good Life, Tikkido and Mom Home Guide permission to feature one picture on our websites, social media, and blogs. Proper credit will always be given to you. Neither Our Good Life, Tikkido or Mom Home Guide is responsible for stolen and/or misused images, misused projects and ideas.
Visit these blogs for more fabulous potato recipes:
Gnocchi by Tikkido
Loaded Potato Wedges by Mom Home Guide