Our Good Life participates in affiliate marketing and other forms of advertising. We only recommend products and services we believe in and think they will be of use to you.

Easter 2013

Our first Easter in Saint Charles was a quiet one.  Ashley and Eric didn't make it here mainly because they celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary on Friday.  Easter Week started out well, though, because we signed the papers on the house on Lakewood transferring ownership to a couple who I hope will be as happy as we were in that home.  I spent some of Thursday working on our dissertation with Armand Spurgin and Suzanne Wilson.  I had a lunch date with Sarah Wickham and Amie Doll.  They both were coworker friends of mine from California.  It was so good to see them and catch up on their lives! 

Holy Friday started off with breakfast at Hy Vee with Suzy before we went to school and started working again.  We worked until lunch, then headed over to HyVee for Chinese and then back to work again!  We decided to stop at 4:00 and treated ourselves to a pedicure.  Oh my, it felt great after all our work!!  Bob's band played in Ashland and I got to see Becky Odneal, Ashley Angle and Lynn Angle.  We visited all around and found out that Becky is one of Ashley's neighbors!!  So fun!!

Bob and l left our hotel on Saturday to drive to Marceline to have an Easter lunch with Mom, Tammi, Ben and his girlfriend, Rachel.  We had a great salad that Tammi made, lasagne, and garlic bread.  I brought some cake balls made by Treats by Terri here in New Town.  Sooo good!   We left Marceline so we could spend some time with Irene, who was staying at the Mark Twain Extended Care Center.  She was so surprised!  I loved the look on her face!  She was about to have dinner, so we didn't stay long, but traveled on to Saint Charles.  Bob went to Padavan's for wings and we enjoyed the rest of Saturday just watching recorded TV!

I work up on Sunday very sick, which ruined our plans for church.  I found an Urgent Care in Saint Peters and was there when it opened.  I learned I had a severe sinus infection, ear infection, and swollen lymph nodes.  My eyes were hurting, too.  I got a prescription for an antibiotic which I got before coming home.  I got home around 11:00, took my meds and went to sleep!

I woke up feeling some better.  I started working on my individual paper which has to be into Saint Louis University's Department of Education by April 3.   Ashley started texting us and that was fun!  Bob cooked us a fabulous dinner of grilled steak, sweet potato fries, and asparagus.  Yum!  I am back to work on the paper, but wanted to take a bit of a break from "have to writing" to "fun writing!"  I think it was the perfect break!!

I hope next year I will get to be with Ashley and Eric, Mom, Irene, Tammi, Chris, Ben, Kassie, Tristan, Rachel, Tich, Gary, Joy and all the Steffes clan.  It doesn't feel like much of a holiday with just the two of us.  I am grateful we are all healthy and happy, and will be grateful for those blessings on this Easter day!

Would you like to comment?

  1. You've had so many busy days, I'm not surprised you caught a bug...and a bad one at that. Take it easy for the next couple of days if possible...sometimes we put ourselves last.



Welcome! If you liked what you read, please take a moment to share by tweeting, pinning or yumming! Much appreciated!