What is it about lime and shrimp that is so tantalizing? It is truly one of my favorite combinations, from way back to my Columbia days when we were eating lime shrimp at Glenn's, one of my favorite restaurants. They served it up in a quesadilla style, with black beans and red rice and peppers. Delish.
There are a lot of steps to this dish but they are all easy. You do have to keep your eye on them as they can burn quickly. I'll give you the step by step and tell you when you need to take some extra care!
Lime Shrimp Cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (12 apps)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 12 large shrimp (15-20 size)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T (or less) ancho powder
- 3 T sour cream
- 1 t lime juice
- the zest from one lime
- a few leaves of spinach, arugula, or watercress
Preheat oven to 350.
On a large cookie sheet, separate wonton wrappers and lay them individually on the cookie sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle one side with salt.
Using a 12 cup muffin tin, place a wonton wrapper into a cup, pressing the wrapper on the bottom to create a flat bottom. Fold flaps down onto tin, making sure the opening stays wide.
Place in oven. (Watch carefully!) Bake 5 minutes or until wrappers turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
Zest the lime. In a bowl place shrimp, zest and ancho powder and a teaspoon of olive oil. Stir, coating shrimp entirely. Spread shrimp on cookie sheet in a single layer. Place in oven 5 minutes. When shrimp are pink, flip and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
In a small bowl, stir mayo, ancho and lime juice together.
Assemble by putting a few leaves of spinach into the cup. Add a dollop of mayo to each cup. Add a shrimp to each cup. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Powered by Recipage
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Buttery Mushroom Pinwheels by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mini Lobster Rolls by The Chef Next Door
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Mini Chicken and Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Potstickers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Mini Tuna Crostini by Basic N Delicious
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Award Show Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Tangy Pecan Baked Brie by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf