Cake and Ice Cream go hand-in-hand and so does this take on a waffle cookie. These cookies are delicious plain with the ice cream, or you can jazz them up with the glaze recipe I provide. However you chose to serve them, they are delicious!
Chocolate Cake Waffle Cookies
makes approx 36 cookies
1 cake mix (buy a good brand for the best flavor)
1/2 c water
2 T oil
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
Preheat waffle pan. I used an electric one. Beat all ingredients together. Spray waffle pan with cooking spray. Drop 1 T of batter onto the waffle pan. My pan is round, with four divisions. I placed 1 T of batter in the center of each division. Close waffle pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until desired doneness. Continue until all batter is used. Let cool.
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/2 c cocoa
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 t vanilla or almond extract
Beat together until sugar is dissolved. Dip cookies into the glaze and let harden.
Blend Tec Banana Ice Cream
1 frozen banana
1/2 c crushed ice
1/2 c French vanilla coffee creamer
Add to Blend Tec in this order: creamer, ice and peeled and quartered banana. Process on ice cream mode. Serve immediately or store in freezer until ready to use.
Enjoy these other fine cookie and ice cream combinations! I can't wait! You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Slice and Bake Peppermint Cookies for Ice Cream from The Spiced Life
- Tuile Cookie Cups from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Sundae Shortbread Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Chip cookie bowls from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Cake Waffle Cookies with Banana Ice Cream from Our Good Life
- Fudge Ripple Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Mango Cake Cookies Bowl from SimplyVeggies
- Chocolate Chunks Cookies With Vanilla Ice Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Sandwiches from Baking in Pyjamas
- Brownie Sundae Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Phirni ice-cream, ginger cookies sandwiches from i sing cakes
After visiting, head over to Momma Told Me and look at the fun links there!