That's when the crock pot shows up.
Yep, the crock pot struts up the stairs, opens the door, and says, "Here I am, baby!"
Not really. But she does show off a little bit.
Make the meat in the crock pot like this:
Crock Pot Mojo Pork
- 3-4lb boneless pork butt, trimmed of excess fat then cut into big hunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 onion, cut into big chunks
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leavesInstructionsTrim the visible fat (or not) off the pork but and cut into large hunks. This aids in a quicker cooking pork butt. Place into a crock pot. Stir the seasonings and the liquids together, pour over meat. Cook on low 8 hours, or until meat easily separates with a fork. Shred.Powered by Recipage
Here is how we like to eat it: Bottom layer is cilantro/lime rice. Top with black beans seasoned with garlic, bell peppers and garlic. Oh, did I say garlic twice? Hmmm. Put on a big helping of the shredded pork. Top with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, guacamole salad. Devour.
Check out these other delicious pork recipes! Yummy!