We've also learned to make two boxes of dates: one for us to nibble on as we make the second box for our guests! It makes it easier for us to not eat them at the party and save them for all for the guests!
See more tips below.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Ingredients (6 -10 servings)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 box of pitted dates
You will need toothpicks to secure the bacon onto the date. Soak these in water for 5 mnutes prior to using.
Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap a date with the half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Continue until all the dates are wrapped.
Bake in oven at 425 for 15-18 minutes, turning once half way through.
Serve warm or at room temp.
Powered by Recipage
Some fun variations: Make a slit in the date and stuff with a teaspoon of goat cheese. Wrap with bacon. Or, stuffed with a couple of roasted almonds. Divine.
I use nonstick foil to line my baking sheet for easy turning and for easy clean up!
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Russian Piroshki (Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fried Italian Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with Gravy by From Gate to Plate
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Nashville Hot Chicken Flat Breads by Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Hot Wings by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Potato Skins by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- German Potato Skins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Steak Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Flatbreads by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blackberry Fried Hand Pies by The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Rhubarb Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.