This cake has the delightful Jiffy cake mix as its base. I love Jiffy mixes because of the size and the simplicity of the preparation. This coffee cake is easy, too! I'd love to hear of your favorite Jiffy mixes and recipes!
So simple, so good!
Coffee Cake in a Jiffy
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Ingredients (9 servings)
- For the cake:
- 1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/2 c dry oatmeal
- 1/4 c water or milk
- For the topping
- 4 T brown sugar
- 3 T butter
- 1/2 c nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1/8 t allspice
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t cinnamon
Prepare an 8 by 8 inch square cake pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake by stirring together the cake mix, oats, egg, applesauce and water. Beat until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
To make the topping: melt butter in a small skillet. Add brown sugar, nuts and spices. Stir until brown sugar is melted. Pour over the cake top.
Bake cake for 20-23 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly, then serve.
Powered by Recipage
- Almond Raspberry Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins by From Gate to Plate
- Blueberry vanilla coffee cake by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Cappuccino Cake by G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Caramel Coconut Coffee Cake by cookinandcraftin
- Classic Coffee Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Coffee Cake Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Coffee Cake in a Jiffy by Our Good Life
- German Beer Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Gluten free hazelnut pear cake by Caroline's Cooking
- Kärleksmums (Swedish Coffee Cake) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Lemon Thyme n Mint Loaf by Baking in Pyjamas
- Polish Placek by Cooking With Carlee
- Simple Coffee Cake by Sneha's Recipe
- Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins by Making Miracles
These are all top notch bakers in the world of blogging! Go and check out their baking wonderfulness! Happy Coffee Cake eating!