It's baseball season and we love our St. Louis Cardinals. This year Opening Day was a great success, as the Cards trounced the Brewers 10-1. It was a bit rainy and a little cold for my liking. All fans received a magnet of the seasons games when entering.
Each year as part of our Christmas to one another we purchase a game pack of 10 tickets. We choose the Opening Day package because we love all the tradition that goes into opening Busch Stadium for the season! For those of you who would like to attend the Opening Day game, take a look at what we think you should know in order to have a fun and (almost) stress-free day.
1. Consider purchasing a ten day pack. The package price is reasonable and makes these tickets affordable. Plus, you will get to go to nine other games. Going to nine other games means you will learn some of your own tricks for making going to games less stressful.
2. Purchase your parking pass before the game. We just started doing this for this season and we can already tell a big difference. No worries about where to park. The passes are reasonably priced, too.
3. Put together a game day kit. Ours has rain gear, a blanket, a phone charger, a bag of peanuts, water, sunscreen, super absorbent towels, socks, and sharpie (you never know when you might get an autograph!)
4. Map out the best entrance into the park in relation to your seats and where you park. Know this ahead of time and don't deviate from the plan. Just saying.
5. Particularly for Opening Day, find out the schedule of events in advance. Purchase any tickets for special parties in advance. Know the times of the special events.
6. You cannot bring food into Ball Park Village. If you have it in your bag, they will make you throw it away before you can enter. Just in case you put peanuts in your bag and then decide to go to BPV.
7. The Stadium offers much more food choices than hotdogs. Read up! This year Busch Stadium has several healthy options including fresh fruit and vegetables and yogurt. They also have new items each year. This year we've tried the Bretzel (bratwurst wrapped in pretzel dough) and bratwurst sliders. It is important to scout these things out beforehand so you can make quick choices and get into line quickly.
8. Wear your Cardinal Red!
What's new this year? The Cardinals purchased new High Def screens that are magnificent. I mean, they are crystal clear and gorgeous. It's hard to take your eyes off of them!
The Stadium is 10 years old this year. The opening video was amazing. I was in tears, recalling all the special events that have happened here. Several we had attended, but the most significant was the walk off home run by David Freese in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. Loved this video.
Can't help but love the Clydesdales. They are spectacular. They were fiesty and happy today. The dalamation looked adorable in his spot by the driver.
The Cards won and we are looking forward to attending several games this season. Let us know if these tips worked for you or if you have others that would help us! Go Cards!