These layered bars are super simple to make. There is no baking involved! To get started you need:
1 box of club crackers. Grease a 9 by 13 pan and lay down a row of club crackers. Then you need...
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 c milk
1 c graham cracker crumbs
Combine these ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Let cool a bit and then spread over crackers. Let cool some more and then lay on another layer of club crackers.
Then melt together 3/4 c peanut butter chips and 3/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips over a double boiler. Cool a bit, then spread over crackers. Place in the refrig to set.
Cut along the lines of the crackers. Enjoy!
Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of our bloggers have made this month:
- Caramel Swirled Cheesecake Bars from The Spiced Life
- Hawaiian Layer Bars from Food Lust People Love
- Praline Pecan Coconut Shortbread Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cookie Dough Brownie and Cheesecake Bars from Spiceroots
- Club Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bars from Our Good Life
- Nanaimo Bars from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Gooey Pumpkin Cookie Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Magic Peanut Butter S'mores Cookie Bars from Rhubarb and Honey
- Double chocolate caramel squares from Flours and Frostings
- Caramel Apple Bar Cookies from 2CookinMamas
- Layered cookies for Bappa from ISingCakes
- Churros Cheesecake Bars from A Baker's House
The theme this month is Layered Bar Cookies--if you like crispy, crunchy, chewy, creamy or gooey layers packed into one cookie you have come to the right place!!
If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!