#CreativeCookieExchange is a group of bloggers who like to bake cookies and each month we are guided by a theme and this month our theme is Chips, Chunks or Bits. When I found these lemon bits at King Arthur's Flour, I knew I would be incorporating them into my cookie for this month.
I love this cookie. It's different from my usual cookie in that it is thin, a bit chewy and lightly flavored. The oatmeal, flavored with a bit of ginger, is a nice compliment to the lemon bits. The lemon is not overwhelming at all, just a bit of freshness at the end!
Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes per batch
Ingredients (3 dz)
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1/2 c lemon bits (King Arthur's Flour)
Preheat oven to 375.
Cream butter and sugars
Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
Add flour to butter mixture in small amounts, stirring to incorporate.
Fold in lemon bits.
Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with cooking spray or by covering with parchment paper.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on to parchment.
Bake for 8 minutes, check for color. Cookies should be golden brown.
Cool for one minute, then remove to cooling rack until thoroughly cooled.
Powered by Recipage
The theme this month is Chips, Chunks or Bits! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. Please be patient though, as this month Laura is off to Italy and will not be checking email quite as often!
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Banana Pudding Bars from Study at Home Mama
- Cherry and Chocolate Chip Scones from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Stout and Pretzel Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Espresso Oatmeal Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey
- Gourmet Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hazel Espresso Cookies from 2 Cookin' Mamas
- Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies from Our Good Life
- Nibbed Caramel Blondies from What Smells So Good?
- Nutty Bits Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rocky Road Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies from Made With Love
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry n White Choc Chunk Blondies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Trail Mix Cookies from Holly at A Baker's House
- Uncle Hector's 100 Cookies from Food Lust People Love