In my family, eggs and bacon are king! We love eggs in all ways. I was super stoked to learn that eggs were the Foodie Extravaganza for the month of June.
We buy a lot of our eggs from our local farmer, GlenMark. We are so fortunate to have an organic farmer just blocks from our home. I love that in each dozen they put one of their blue eggs. It is so pretty in the sea of brown!
This recipe is perfect for company. The eggs and bacon can go in at the same time and are ready at the same time, perfect for allowing the hostess to eat with her guests. Enjoy and be sure to check out the other egg features this month!
Baked Eggs and Candied Bacon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/4 c brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350
Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Crack one egg into each muffin cup.
Salt and pepper as desired.
On a baking sheet covered with parchment or nonstick aluminum foil, lay slices of bacon side by side.
Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Place both muffin tin and baking sheet in the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Check the doneness of the eggs by shaking tin. If there is a lot of jiggle, eggs are not done. Eggs will have some jiggle when done but it is minimal.
Bacon is done when the bacon looks crisp and sugar has melted.
Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
- Egg Drop Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Eggs in a Cloud by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggs in Purgatory by Cooking with Carlee
- Ginger Coconut Macaroons by Passion Kneaded
- Gyeran Bbang (Korean Egg Bread) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Braid by Making Miracles
- Southwestern Breakfast Bowl by The Freshman Cook
- Tiramisu Gelato by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tomato and Egg Pizza by From Gate to Plate
- Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake with Malted Chocolate Cloud Frosting by Baking in Pyjamas
- Baked Eggs and Candied Bacon by Our Good Life
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to our Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!
Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!