Caramel Cashew Cookies
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 36 minutes
Ingredients (3.5 dozen)
For the cookies
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
For the icing
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c French vanilla coffee creamer
- 2 c powdered sugar
For the garnish
- 42 cashews
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and sour cream, beat well. Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add slowly to the butter mixture and beat until well incorporated. Place parchment on cookie sheet and spoon dough (1 teaspoonful) onto it. Bake for 12 minutes until cookie is golden brown. Remove from oven, cool.
For frosting: Melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and stir continually until boiling. Slowly add in milk, stirring constantly. Heat until boiling, remove from heat, cool to lukewarm and add powdered sugar. Stir until all lumps are gone.
Spread frosting on each cookie. Press a cashew on top of each cookie.
The theme this month is Caramel–any kind of caramel in any kind of cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. This month Laura is off to Italy and will not be checking email quite as often, so please be patient!
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month!
If you are a die hard caramel fan, check out all these caramel cookies:
Powered by RecipaJoining this linky party today!
- Basement Brownies from Sidewalk Shoes
- Camel Milk Caramel Basbousa from Food Lust People Love
- Caramel Cashew Cookies from Our Good Life
- Caramel Coconut Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Shortbread Cookie Strips from Magnolia Days
- Caramel Thumbprint Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Caramelized White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies from Baking Yummies
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars from The Spiced Life
- Chocolate Caramel Rocks from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Walnut Caramel Stuffed Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
- Eggless Vanilla-Caramel Biscotti from What Smells So Good?
- Millionaire Shortbread Bars from Spiceroots
- Salted Caramel Butter Cookies from SimplyVeggies
- Salted Caramel Macarons from A Baker’s House
- Take 5 Caramel Oatmeal Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas