It seems fitting, then, to serve up this twist on the #SundaySupper theme of Red, White and Blue by making this Tomato, Shrimp and Bleu Cheese Pizza. The tang of the bleu cheese with the mellow sweetness of the tomatoes and the chewy crust and succulent shrimp...you get the picture.
Tomato, Shrimp and Bleu Cheese Pizza
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 naan breads to serve as pizza crust
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c bleu cheese crumbles
- 12 large uncooked shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- 2 medium, ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T butter
Preheat oven (or grill) to 400.
In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink. Remove from heat.
Brush butter mixture from the skillet onto the naan. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the naan. Lay tomatoes on top of the cheese. Add shrimp, 6 per bread. Add bleu cheese.
Bake on the center rack of oven, until cheese begins to bubble and brown.
Note: Naan becomes crisper if baked directly on the rack. To avoid spills, you can use a baking sheet but the bread will be softer.
Powered by Recipage
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma's Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline's Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca