02 November 2007
Thanksgivings Past and my Gratitude Journal
I have decided that for the month of November I will add five things that I am grateful for at the bottom of my posts. I think I need to focus on all the good in my life and not on the things I have not done or the things I do not have.
To start I am going to list the obvious.
1. I am eternally grateful for my mom, my sister, Bob and Ashley, Bob's family, Gary, Joy, Jake, Irene, Amos, Karen, Tim, Susan, Kelly, David, Jeanne', Janie and Alex, my sister's family, Ben, Chris, Kassie and Tristan. These are the people that love me unconditionally and take my bad with my good.
2. I am grateful for my home. I would love to live in an historic home but this has not been in the cards for me. I love the house I am in and I am happy with everything it provides for me.
3. I am grateful that I was born an American. Every day I pray for the men and women who are called to protect the freedoms I take for granted.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to touch tiny lives every day. I love my job and I wouldn't do anything else.
5. My pets Dakota and Bustopher who give us so much love and whose antics keep us in stitches.
I would love to be able to fill my blog with nothing but the things I am grateful for. I would love to look back here and realize how absolutely wonderful my life has been.